31 July 2014

Splendour in the Grass

Here's a tamer version of what my actual Splendour looked like.


MARKET HQ VELVET OVERALLS & BASIC TEE, URGE FOOTWEAR BOOTS


After a pre-pre party the night before SITG weekend begun, we dragged our selves out of bed for the first day of Splendour. Beginning at Spotify's pre-party, which was held in a secluded country club, with the greenest of surroundings. The venue, completely decked out in country side decor was heavily vintage Summer themed, from the DJ's playlist, cocktails, to the faded pink couches spread outside under the trees and even the retro double decker bus (along with the driver - bow tie and all) that picked us up.
We ended up being caught in traffic on a bridge across a river, where an 80's playlist made it on the bus speakers - people danced in the bus and even on the highway, think The Jackson Five and Earth, Wind and Fire..


MARKET HQ BLOUSE, SHORTS, SHAWL, HUNTER BOOTS VIA THE ICONIC

The days basically became a blur so I will just have to narrate them based on my memories.. After the first night of serious boogieying and rapping to Outkast - who was headlining, and truly amazing. We were ready for the second day of Splendour madness.. to be honest each day was completely unplanned - majority of the time we didn't even know which act was performing, we solely relied on the beats beneath our feet and got lost amongst the markets, teepee, new friends and people watching. 

Advice to those serious live music goers - print out a timetable or you'll be too sidetracked from everything else that is happening. We stopped by the Very Small Mall and picked up our Hunter boots from the Hunter Bunker store thanks to the Iconic - which, I'm so grateful for because they saved my soles from swelling and getting wet (from dancing and slight rain). I got a little too excited because the boots were completely true to size - finally a pair of rain boots that actually fit my tiny feet and legs. 
Foals, Rufus and Sticky fingers killed the day.


Basically the shoes of choice if you're going to a festival.
Get them here and here.



Ok, so the third and final day was the craziest. I can't even really put it into words..
I'm actually beyond impressed that my rubber converse didn't get ruined at all - they're still white. Whoever said white shoes at a festival was a bad idea, they're so wrong. 


All photos shot on Panasonic Lumix G1M

So, I was surprised how many of you didn't know what Splendour was - basically in simple definition, it's a three day festival located in North Byron parklands (North from Sydney) and it's almost the equivalent of Coachella (on a much smaller scale). 30 thousand free soul-ers roaming within the fields of live music and very much intoxicated on good vibrations (amongst many other things) and each other's mutual enthusiasm and love for festival life.

What I love most about three day festivities - especially Falls or Splendour is it's dislocation from city life, it's a world of itself. I feel like you become a friendlier human, the amount of sorry's I heard from people bumping into each other (even of the slightest), and amount of hugs and laughter I shared with strangers was a norm. Dancing in the midst of bountiful bodies who shared the same passion for live beats is something you don't experience everyday, you are constantly feeding off everyone else's positive energy - from the artist's voice, to the bass of the speakers, to the thrusting of hands and the unison movement of the crowd. There's an element of hustle and bustle of festival life that differs from city life - people are calm, content, free and happy.

Special thanks to the team at Market HQ for making this happen - it was a dream.. until next year!

FOLLOW | INSTA | FB | TWTTR | ASK



10 comments:

  1. Love all the photos! The festival seems amazing! :)
    I also love your outfits with the velvet overalls.

    toinfinitynbeyond13.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seemed like such an incredible experience and gosh I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your outfits were all perfect
    and i hope to one day go to a festival like this!

    http://theundercovergiraffe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wish I could've gone this year. I definitely need to fly east and go to next year's splendour!

    X O

    Isabel
    lunabrunel.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks so crazy but so fun! All of your looks are awesome. I hope I get to go to a festival, at least to have the experience, once in my life.

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  6. All photos were shot on that camera?! You are so good at editing then, I thought some of the photos were from a film camera! Insane photos-it looks like you had such a fun time
    Lucia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved splendour, all these photos are amazing! I totally get what you mean.... it's like another little magical world in there full of good music and good vibes!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a rad time! Wish I was able to go this year
    xx
    www.kristywho.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your time at splendour looks literally so amazing! Love all the photos and made me v jealous! Btw you look amazing and LOVE the velvet overalls! xx

    http://whitexorchid.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, your friend's jumper in the 3rd picture(wearing the hat), are you able to tell me where it's from?
    thank youu

    ReplyDelete

Love reading comments, so drop some by and leave a name and URL
x Yan